Saturday, January 14, 2012

Bathroom Revamps



If you have ever visited my wonderful mid century modern home, you have witnessed the unique colors that are displayed in the tile and fixtures in both bathrooms... sulfer yellows and dessert rose. While appreciate the preservation of these bathrooms, I need my own style to shine through and bring a little "now" to these spaces. We have not really even discussed starting a renovation, however I need to start the process in my mind NOW, so that when we are ready to tackle on of these monsters, everything will be ready.


So Ive been doing some brainstorming on Pinterest and have found a few rooms that have inspired me to start researching fixtures and finishes. I want a space that of course has a modern flare, unique tile, clean and simple but still daring and different.


I LOVE how this mirror stretches the length of the small bathroom so that both Matt and I can see our selves even though only one can use the sink. Because lets face it... if you cant have 'his' and 'her' sinks.... the mirror is the next best thing!

{source}

For our bathroom, I am toying with the idea of just getting rid of the tub all together and in its place doing a walk in shower. Im loving the seamless flow of the floor tile right into the shower walls. Gorgeous use of color as well...so tranquil.   


Or we could just build on and have this elaborate spa added on to our bedroom... no biggie: dreamin'

No comments:

Post a Comment

i love when you comment! thanks for joining in!