Thursday, September 15, 2011

An Announcement from Arizona...


I recently had the pleasure of working on a moving announcement for a couple of old friends that I haven't been able to see in awhile. This was an honor for me because of the reason we have been a part was also the reason for the announcement. Kati and Billy are in active duty with the Army. I met them both while working at the 'brush in Kernersville when I first moved to NC...so many great memories! They recently moved back to the good ole US from Korea and needed a card to announce their return! 



Katie wanted the cards to embody the beauty of their new home but also be fun and playful. Introducing the popular adobe houses in this region was something she wanted to convey in the prints. 

{source}
{I actually did an art project back in elementary featuring adobe houses. We made stencils of the adobe homes and used chalk in an exercise that highlighted positive and negative space...I tried to relate back to that technique by playing with the shapes and transparencies.}

{Here is the sweet couple now, taken back during their time in Korea}

Thanks for thinking of me guys! Im glad you love your cards and Im so happy I was able to help you! Thank you for your service!

No comments:

Post a Comment

i love when you comment! thanks for joining in!