Sunday, May 13, 2012

Let's Mix It Up a Bit... Shall We?


I don't think it's a secret at all that I love good 'ole classic, Mid Century Modern design. And if I could, I would fill my home with it like a museum. However, I love to see these pieces paired with unlikely partners almost just as much. I'm all about some contrast. I think the differences between two pieces (from diverse design styles) almost highlights those unique traits that each piece holds. 


Some of my favorite contrasting combos are: MCM + Rustic, MCM+classic/traditional, and well lets be honest, anything that involves MCM. But it has to be done the right way of course. I love the mix of texture, color, pattern, and painted vs. wood finish. Ahhh the possibilities are endless!


Just check out some of these goodies below:






I would be more than happy in any of these spaces. I think these interiors tell a story. When you mix and match items from collections, periods, and styles, you will more than likely end up with items not only from different points in your life but also different points in design history that show progress and change. 




2 comments:

i love when you comment! thanks for joining in!